Skip Navigation LinksHome > Grant Wood > Grant Wood Studio

Grant Wood Studio

Grant Wood Studio, photo by Mark Tade.

Grant Wood’s home and studio was located at 5 Turner Alley from 1924 to 1935.

Grant Wood (1891-1942) was a prominent member of the Regionalist movement. His most famous painting, American Gothic, was painted in this studio in 1930.

Plan a visit to the Grant Wood Studio & Armstrong Visitor Center today!

The Grant Wood Studio is a member of Historic Artists’ Homes and Studios, a program of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. The Grant Wood Studio is owned and operated by the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art.

SHARE: