Cedar Rapids Museum of Art
410 Third Avenue SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
319.366.7503


Grant Wood Studio

Grant Wood Studio, photo by Mark Tade.

Grant Wood’s home and studio was located at 5 Turner Alley from 1924 to 1935.

Grant Wood (1891-1942) was a prominent member of the Regionalist movement. His most famous painting, American Gothic, was painted in this studio in 1930.

Plan a visit to the Grant Wood Studio & Armstrong Visitor Center today!

The Grant Wood Studio is a member of Historic Artists’ Homes and Studios, a program of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. The Grant Wood Studio is owned and operated by the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art.

SHARE: